1. Personal Information
2. Information You Provide To Us
We collect information that you provide to us in a variety of ways, including:
1. Account Information: Our Software gives you the ability to associate your information with a specific email address and, optionally, a password. We collect the Personal Information you provide to us in the course of creating and updating your account.
2. List Information: When you use our Software, we collect information about the lists you create and the items you put on these lists.
3. Product Scans: When you take a photo of a product using our Software (for example, to scan a barcode), we may collect this information.
4. Email Newsletters: We may periodically send email newsletters. If you sign up to receive a newsletter from us, we collect your email address.
5. Correspondence: If you contact us by email, using a contact form, or by telephone, mail, fax, or other means, we may collect the information contained within, and associated with, your correspondence.
3. Cookies and other collective tools
When you use our Software, we may collect some information automatically, including:
your Internet Protocol (IP) address;
the dates and times of your use of our Software;
your web browser type and version;
the type of device from which you are accessing our Software;
an advertising identifier associated with your mobile device, if any;
the website that referred you to our website (by clicking on a link);
the actions you take in the course of your use of our Software;
the content, features, and activities that you access and participate in on our Software;
your interaction with email messages we send you, such as whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded a message.
We may collect this information passively using standard technologies including server logs, browser cookies, and transparent images (also known as web beacons).
4. Use of information
We may use the information we collect for the following purposes:
We may disclose non-personally identifiable information relating to your location (including the merchants that are physically near your device), items on your lists, device and other identifiers, and mobile device model to our third party advertising partners to provide and tailor deals, advertisements and content as part of the Software. In addition, we may disclose to our advertising partners information regarding your interaction with content provided by these advertising partners, for example, the number of times you view and click on such deals, advertisements and content.
Some features on our Software may allow you to upload, post, or otherwise transmit User Materials to other people. For example, you may be able to email your lists or share your lists with other users. Please be aware that any Personal Information that you include within any such User Materials will be made available to those people that you designate, as well as our third party advertising partners, as described above. You include Personal Information in User Materials at your sole risk. Even after information posted on the Software is removed, those people with whom you have shared the information may have copied or stored such information.
Except as it was said above, we can use information about you in such ways:
to provide the Software and information you request;
for creation of, updates to, and access to your account;
to operate, maintain, and improve our Software;
to communicate with you;
to resolve disputes or troubleshoot problems;
to prevent fraudulent use of our Software or other systems;
to prevent or take action against activities that are, or may be, in violation of applicable law;
to provide and customize advertisements and other aspects of your experience using our Software;
to maintain a record of our dealings with you;
to provide you with information and offers from us or others that we believe you may find useful or interesting, including advertisements, coupons, or other information about products or Software offered by us or others.
5. Sharing of information
We may share your Personal Information in the following situations:
1. Sharing Lists: Our Software allows you to share your lists with other users of the Software, and send your lists by email, SMS, or other messaging system. Please be aware that any Personal Information you include in such lists will be made available to the recipients that you choose. You do so at your own risk. Even if you subsequently remove this information from our Software, the recipients may have stored or copied this information.
2. Service Providers: We contract with other companies and individuals to perform certain services on our behalf. To the extent these third parties have a legitimate need to access your Personal Information in order to complete their work, we will ensure they are contractually obligated to use this information only for the contracted work and for no other purpose.
3. Business Transfers: Information essential to our Software, including your Personal Information, may be disclosed and otherwise transferred to an acquirer, or successor or assignee as part of any merger, acquisition, sale of assets, insolvency, bankruptcy, receivership, or similar event in which your Personal Information is transferred to one or more third parties as part of our business assets.
4. Investigations: We may disclose your Personal Information if we believe that doing so is legally required, or is in our interest to protect our property or other legal rights (including, but not limited to, enforcement of our agreements), or the rights or property of others, or otherwise to help protect the safety or security of our Software and other users of our Software.
6. Protection of information
We use various security measures to help protect your information from accidental loss, disclosure, and misuse. These measures include: review of our system logs, off-site backups, data encryption, and security software. However, no data security measures can be guaranteed to be completely effective. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information we collect. You transmit information and use our Software at your own risk.
The Software may contain links to other websites, products, or Software that we do not own or operate. For example, the Software may contain links to third-party merchants from which you may receive deals through the Software. If you choose to visit or use any Third-Party Sites or products or Software available on or through such Third-Party Sites, please be aware that this Policy will not apply to your activities or any information you disclose while using those Third-Party Sites or any products or Software available on or through such Third-Party Sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these Third-Party Sites or any products or Software on or through them. Additionally, please be aware that the Software may contain links to websites and Software that we operate but that are governed by different privacy policies. We encourage you to carefully review the privacy policies applicable to any website or Software you visit other than the Software before providing any Personal Information on them.
8. Updates to this Policy
We may occasionally update this Policy. When we do, we will also revise the “last updated” date at the beginning of the Policy. Your continued use of our Software after such changes will be subject to the then-current policy. If we change this Policy in a manner that is materially less restrictive of our use or disclosure of your Personal Information, we will use reasonable efforts to notify you of the change and to obtain your consent prior to applying the change to any Personal Information that we collected from you prior to the date the change becomes effective. We encourage you to periodically review this Policy to stay informed about how we collect, use, and disclose information.